Marketing on the Internet can often be confusing for people, especially ones who are more used to more traditional methods of marketing and advertising. Doing your marketing on the Internet is generally far less expensive than more traditional types of marketing, though, and done correctly will yield great results.
A first answer to the question how do I market my new business on the Internet is to do your research. I know that it often seems like that’s always the advice you get. Research, though, is vital to learning what types of marketing best suit your style and pocketbook. So before you start plunking down your money for banner ads, do your homework to find out if this is really the best, most efficient way to market your particular new Internet business.
Planning is also an important part of marketing on the Internet. A common mistake Internet marketers make is to jump in with no real plan. You will want to be certain that any marketing plan you develop fits your budget as well.
The best advice is to start small and work up to more expensive marketing techniques. Doing your research, making a budget, and drawing up a marketing plan for your Internet business will ensure that you get off to the right foot.
Some typical ways of marketing on the Internet are:
• Banner ads
• Solo ads
• Ezine ads
• Press releases
• Promotional offers
• Linking to other sites
There are other methods as well, but these are the most common and useful. All of the above methods are extremely effective ways for you to market your new business on the Internet, but a combination of several of them will bring you the best results. It will be up to you to decide which ones work best for you and how much you can comfortably spend.
Marketing by these methods does require close monitoring and the ability to make adjustments when you see something that isn’t working or isn’t delivering the results you need to grow your business. The great advantage that marketing on the Internet has is that you can track your result easily and respond quickly with any needed changes to your marketing plan.
Perhaps, though, one of the best and most cost-efficient answers to the question how do I market my new business on the Internet is to write articles and post them on website across the Internet. In these articles or at the end, you add your contact information with a link to your site. By providing information people need about topics related to your new Internet business and a link to find your site, you will get a lot of visitors—and more important, lots of sales!
Thank you for taking the time with me to learn more about marketing, news, tips and tricks for your business success.
(AKA) Magic Marketer
For more information on Magic Marketing and our products and services, please contact us here OR Schedule your FREE 30 minute consultation to learn how we can find, follow, and pre-select your hyper-targeted customer to reduce wasted ad dollars and increase quality traffic and your bottom line.
The domain name for your business is your online identity. You should be very careful about choosing a domain name that is memorable, scores quite well with search engine listings, has a trust factor attached to it, and commands a brand value. A domain name is quite important for your business correspondences and emails. A long one can cause problems in communication, especially if the domain name seems complex. Here are some tips in choosing a well-meaning domain name that captures the essence of your brand image or business:
1. Keyword oriented or a unique domain name? If your website is going to have a crucial role to play in your business, then it is important to have an adequately researched keyword incorporated within the brand name. Use the most searched-for term in search engine queries, within your domain name. Prior to launching your online business, you should do some research through website tools to find out which keywords register the most number of traffic during a month. For example, if you want to make a website based on advising people, you will find that the keyword help is normally typed in the search engine query window a lot more frequently than the word aid. If your domain name includes targeted keywords, than you will get higher rankings in the search engines like Google and Yahoo. You should bear in mind that, apart from having the targeted keyword in your domain name, you should also have keywords in other parts of your site as well.
2. Use a company name only if you are famous: That is right. If your company name overwhelms the basic product name, then by all means go for the company name as your domain name. For example, people normally use the term Xerox rather than photocopy and if you are Xerox, then you should go for Xerox as a domain name because of the sheer popularity of the brand name. This is usually not the case, so using a keyword-rich domain name is a better move for most people. To be on the right side of balancing your business well, you should buy a set of two domain names, one that represents your business/brand name, and another that represents keywords or key phrases.
3. Keep your domain name short: The shorter your domain name, the more memorable it is. If your domain name has an every-day lingo, the better it is! More often than not, you may find that a simple two-word domain name is already taken. The alternative in this case, is to put a hyphen (-) to your targeted keyword and then add the other word. SEO experts are of the belief that hyphenating two or more words makes a long domain name more search engine friendly. The flip side is that people do not tend to write words with hyphens naturally, and there is a chance that if someone has recommended your site to a friend, the friend may find himself going to a competitor’s site. So one has to understand and undergo a lot of study while choosing a domain name. After all, it is one prominent thing that can dictate the flow of your business. Also, you should avoid putting numbers like 4 instead of for in your domain name. It will only lead to confusion.
4. Dot.com only: If you intend to have a website for commercial or business reasons, then by all means go for a website which ends in extension .com. The domain name companies will market other options like .org, .us, .net, etc. However, by all means try stick to .com for better mass appeal.
5. Register similar domain names: If you believe that in the future you are going to have a huge amount of people visiting your website through word-of-mouth advertising, then you should consider registering similar domain names that direct to your main URL (e.g. www.datinginformation.com and www.datinginfo.com). There are cyber-squatters who register domain names in the hope that they will be selling them for a profit to someone who really needs that domain name. Before they do this, you should register the domain names if you think that such a possibility can occur.
6. Be patient: You should not choose a domain name in minutes merely just to get it done and over with. A hasty decision may cost you a lot. It is better to invest time in research and arrive at the right kind of domain name. You should also discuss the comprehensibility and usage of the domain name with friends, neighbors and well wishers to find how simple and commonplace it really is.